I intended to post about the meal I made for mother’s day, but in the hustle to get out the door I completely forgot my camera. I plan on making shrimp kabobs for next week though they’ll be cooked in the oven not the grill.
Anyways to make up my slacking/forgetfulness here is C’s favorite meal as of late. It was actually the first meal I made for C. and according to him one of the main reasons he continued to see me. This is my super easy fast Beef Stroganoff.
|Since C dislikes mushrooms and onions I add mine into my own bowl. The sauce on his bowl is Tabasco Chipotle hot sauce. He is a hot sauce addict.|
This was one of the first meals I learned to make from my dad and a favorite from my childhood. Apparently I even ate this as a baby after it went through the blender. It is my ultimate comfort food and hopefully you will find it just as appetizing.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 box low sodium beef Rice-a-Roni
- 1/2 – 1 cup sour cream (low fat)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- Olive Oil
How to make it
- Take a large pan with relatively high sides and using the olive oil coat the bottom of the pan. Toss those mushrooms and onions in and saute until the mushrooms are cooked and the onions are a golden brown. Remove the mushrooms and onions and set aside.
- Toss the beef in there and season with Worcestershire sauce. Cook until there is no pink left.
- Drain the grease and set the beef aside.
- Melt the butter and add the box of Rice-a-Roni. Stir occasionally until browned and then add the water and seasoning packet from the Rice-a-Roni. Add the beef and mushroom and stir to mix.
- Cover and simmer for about 14 mins.
- Add Sour cream to taste and cook an additional 3 mins or until warmed back up.